24.1.06

I almost fell out of the habit of posting. But I didn't. I have, however, not been running consistently. Need to get back on that. Preferably before spring starts.

Also, I'm toying with the idea of starting a business blog. I don't see the value of getting it going while we're still putting the pieces together, but eventually it will be something that could add to how we look at our operations. As of now we've really just been cleaning out the space. We got our office. It's in decent shape. We're emptying it and doing things like arranging for a carting service to pick up our trash because the sanitation department doesn't do commercial pick-ups. It's crazy.

Anyway, the office is located 3 blocks from a 7 station and the LIRR and 9 blocks from the E, F, G, R, V. It's a great location and the Mexican restaurant that was there before left us many goodies, including a built-in bar and a sombrero. It's gonna be pretty cool once we get it set-up like we want to.

And we're starting to get some business, so we're busy on top of everything else. It's a good thing.

What else is up....my sister turned 12. I got a crapload of new music and I haven't had a chance to listen to it. My iPod died--again. People did not turn out en masse at the bar. I've been painting on the side. I've been writing. I haven't been sleeping much. I am Hemingway and oh, no this is a compound sentence. Almost finished the critical edition of The Waste Land--I approve of it. It took me deeper into the Grail material and the Golden Bough stuff. Also made reading Ulysses a must--and a priority.

Hmmmmm....shameless plugs for good things.

If you're in the VIllage or around Houston--on Laguardia, there's a great place to eat called askew. The concept is a "dining bar"--great cocktails, amazing food in small and enjoyable portions. Some of the dishes don't sound amazing when you read the descriptions (in fact, they might even seem a tad concerning) but everything, i mean, EVERYTHING is top-notch.

Rob Albrecht produced a sit-com pilot episode entitled "Battle of the Band." Great concept. If they can shoot it with two cameras or tripods, it could be killer. It's kind of a sit-com mockumentary with comedy (did I mention the funny part?).

Also, I'm going to start Beasts of No Nation by Uzo Iweala sometime this week. I expect it will be tough but amazing. I also expect it will be easier to decipher than Uzo's emails.

Peace, Love, Understanding and, of course, Shantih/Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home